Critique for 10/9

1. The only story that might be unexpected for readers would be the story about test times. This is information that can help form their decisions in their daily lives. I think the protest coverage is interesting (I’m biased) but the story about encouraging mail-in voting seems like the preachy problem we had last week.
  2. I really like the protest picture because it shows an actual action and lots of people in the midst of a protest. It also shows the location and an idea of the route that a march took through campus. For mail-in voting, the picture shows some of the precautions that citizens can avoid by mailing in their votes. The picture for the test time doesn’t offer much useful information. Infographic in Thursday’s paper seems interesting.
  3. It seems like Monday’s had two interesting visuals in the top, but the testing center photos don’t really grab my attention. Doesn’t seem like any of the articles is really the main, most important one, aside from the protest coverage but I’m not sure if that should be. For Thursday the false positive header grabs my attention the most.
  4. Jewish organizations opposing ISG is very interesting to me because there is conflict. Maybe it didn’t make front page because there wasn’t a visual for it? Food insecurity story in Thursday might be more important because it could help people out to see that.
  5. Posting a meme on the front page of the paper would definitely increase the “talk factor”. I’m curious as to the attribution for the picture. Unless Kenyon created it, shouldn’t it be attributed to the reddit account that posted it? I don’t know, just curious. Ballot box is also interesting and the image provides information.
  6. I think most of the stories within the inside pages could have benefitted a lot from human faces, especially the Halloween one. Halloween is all about festivities and people doing fun things, there should be more about people and less about city ordinance.
  7. Maybe photos of people working out inside the arc because it looks much different now with all of the restrictions. Also maybe get a photographer into some of the apartment gyms where people usually aren’t following the guidelines by wearing masks, wiping all the machines down and standing six feet apart.
  8. The graphs that appeared seem simple and easy to read for me. I like them, but I really don’t know much about them. Additionally, yeah the fully blocked out ballot box looks much better.